The VMS Committee has decided to re-open the shed on Tuesday 2nd June 2020 under the following strict COVID 19 safety guidelines. It is imperative that all members adhere to the safety health guidelines and by not conforming you will be asked to leave the shed.
These Guidelines have been drawn up by the VMS based on advice given by the WA Government, the Australian Health Protection Committee, and the WA Health Department.
Please read the following carefully so as to understand the shed protocols and to keep yourself and all the shed members safe and health.
Vincent Men’s Shed COVID Safety Plan:
1) The committee of the VMS has agreed to no more than 14 members in the shed at any one time. The 14 does not include the Day Manager.
2) This number of 14 was what 76% of the members suggested according to the recent survey sent out to members.
3) A manual sign in form will be at the front door where members must sign in. Please enter from the front door only, not the roller door. If when signing in or out or you are wanting to make yourself a cup of coffee and other members are around the area, please practice social distancing.
4) Good hygiene must always be followed. It is the Day Managers responsibility to ensure this is practiced. Please respect this as it is for your safety.
5) Hand sanitizer is at the front door, in the kitchen and in a convenient place in the shed.
6) Washing facilities in the bathroom remain the same.
7) Bacterial wipes will be in the kitchen area and in a convenient place in the shed.
8) All tools must be wiped down by the member before using it and again when finished.
9) Tables and chairs as well as all white goods in the recreational area are to be wiped down by the Day Manager or if he appoints somebody to help him. This must be done before the shed opens and after it closes and between morning and afternoon sessions. This should also be done after tea breaks.
10) There is currently no need to wear masks or gloves but if members feel more comfortable wearing them that is ok. It is not the responsibility of the shed to supply them so members will have to supply their own.
11) As most of our members are in the vulnerable age bracket and or may also be health compromised it is imperative you practice good health hygiene when in the shed.
12) If you do not feel well, please do not compromise fellow members by coming to the shed. Stay at home.
13) Please respect and adhere to all advice and suggestions made by the Day Manager.
We are all in this together
Chairman Vincent Men’s Shed